A criminal lawyer is a specialist in the field of criminal law and procedure who holds a license to practice law, provides legal services to citizens and provides criminal defense in criminal cases in Ukraine.
A criminal lawyer should know the general and special part of the Criminal Code of Ukraine and have a considerable experience gained during personal involvement in all pre-trial and judicial proceeding stages of criminal proceedings.
A criminal lawyer has to be psychologically resilient to various stressful situations and, what's more important, be comprehensively developed with a clear understanding of the related areas of criminal law.
When choosing a lawyer in criminal cases, you need to take it consciously. Don't be shy to ask your lawyer about the experience and the cases he / she was dealing with, as the results of a lawyer's will effect your future or the future of your close people. It is also very important not to waste time. Often, a criminal case is developing for several days or weeks and the investigator has already undertaken a series of procedural steps when the client suddenly becomes aware of a case seriousness and finally turns to a criminal lawyer. This scenario is unwanted. Therefore, you need to contact a criminal lawyer in time.
Specialists of the Pravoviy vymir Association of lawyers have a great experience in protecting clients' interests in the process of criminal prosecution (pre-trial and judicial) and know the specifics of criminal law and trial.
Main services in this area:
- legal advice from a lawyer in a criminal case;
- analysis of criminal case materials and assistance with the collection of evidence;
- protection of clients' interests during the pre-trial investigation stage;
- protection of client's interest in court at all stages of the case;
- collection and presentation of evidences in a criminal case;
- criminal lawyer’s performance in the legal debate;
- familiarizing a lawyer with the record of the court session, submission of comments if necessary;
- drafting and filing an appeal;
- criminal lawyer’s involvement in the appeal of a criminal case;
- collection of facts that can be used as evidence in a case, which includes obtaining documents or their copies from citizens and legal entities on request, acquaintance with necessary documents at enterprises, institutions, organizations, associations of citizens, except the secret ones protected by law, obtaining written conclusions of experts on issues requiring special knowledge and interviewing citizens;
- consultations on money laundering and corruption legislation